What's new

1968 IH C1300 2wd Restomod/Build

stopped screwing around with adapting the OEM hydroboost-to-rack line and just ordered the right adapters and 6AN (3/8JIC) fitting and hose to connect it all up

I can't imagine going to the local NAPA would be any cheaper than this guy was, and I don't have to spend an hour or two on a trip.

1715281390625.png

had to pull the hydroboost to modify the input rod for the pedal connection. should have it all buttoned back up with pressure/return lines in place soon

been ordering some more parts

the 8.8 rear I found looks like it had the pinion nut back off. Debated just throwing in the crush sleeve replacement with the existing shims/setup it has now, but I have the LSD already. So do it right, do it once, gonna gut the axle and install the LSD with the 3.73's that are in it. I MAY drop it somewhere for the actual setup to save myself the time, but it should be easy if I have it sitting on sawhorses.
1715703247395.png

got ahead of myself and ordered the famous Toyota Halogen headlight kit. IH8mud and some other sites blew up with these. I don't have a local dealer to get them for $40 like lots of people did, but $56 shipped is good to me. I don't like the look of the cheap LED options, and I like light at night
1715703472394.png
1715703492373.png

and then I spent $55ish on a fancy rear diff cover. I may not keep it, not sure yet. but I'm hoping to be 350ish HP and reading up online it sounds like those bolts pushing on the bearing caps aren't a bad idea. I may decide OEM is fine and save the $$
1715703578225.png

had to pull the hydroboost to modify the input rod for the pedal connection. should have it all buttoned back up with pressure/return lines in place soon

been ordering some more parts

the 8.8 rear I found looks like it had the pinion nut back off. Debated just throwing in the crush sleeve replacement with the existing shims/setup it has now, but I have the LSD already. So do it right, do it once, gonna gut the axle and install the LSD with the 3.73's that are in it. I MAY drop it somewhere for the actual setup to save myself the time, but it should be easy if I have it sitting on sawhorses.
1715703247395.png

got ahead of myself and ordered the famous Toyota Halogen headlight kit. IH8mud and some other sites blew up with these. I don't have a local dealer to get them for $40 like lots of people did, but $56 shipped is good to me. I don't like the look of the cheap LED options, and I like light at night
1715703472394.png
1715703492373.png

and then I spent $55ish on a fancy rear diff cover. I may not keep it, not sure yet. but I'm hoping to be 350ish HP and reading up online it sounds like those bolts pushing on the bearing caps aren't a bad idea. I may decide OEM is fine and save the $$
1715703578225.png
Thanks for the cheap cover for the 8.8 in my YJ.

Top Back Refresh