What's new

6.7 Super Duty Maintenence/Mods

The company has a hard on for Chevy and just ordered 2 of the new 5500s. We'll see how they work.
I am curious if they will have front tire vibration problems we have.
It will bounce the tire off the road above 65 mph...

Laughs in MaxxForce 7
:flipoff2:
They spin bearings. Valves drop. Turbo shafts break. They never lasted long enough for me to see fuel problems. PGE had a rash of the same problems. I think exhaust brake programming was off when they first came out.

They spin bearings. Valves drop. Turbo shafts break. They never lasted long enough for me to see fuel problems. PGE had a rash of the same problems. I think exhaust brake programming was off when they first came out.
You want to see a shittier version of the 6.4 power stroke?

I give you the MaxxForce 7

You want to see a shittier version of the 6.4 power stroke?

I give you the MaxxForce 7
I work on them, and detroits occasionally. For a while you couldn’t get an International truck with an International engine…what does that tell ya.

Last edited:
Good lord, you see it time and time again, doesnt matter the industry....a big company buys out a smaller company that kicks ass and then they drive the smaller company into the ground.

Good lord, you see it time and time again, doesnt matter the industry....a big company buys out a smaller company that kicks ass and then they drive the smaller company into the ground.
Yeah, but they made a shit ton of money for the shareholders in the short term

Navistar is the clue...

Navistar has existed as an entity since the mid 80’s. Produced great, for the time, engines for 2 decades under the Navistar banner. They lost their way in the early 2000’s with shitty leadership that didn’t understand the engineering demands of new EPA regulations and some shady accounting practices. The straw that damn near broke the camel’s back was the dropping of ISX15’s from MY 2010-2012 and only offering a Maxxforce option. They got killed in market share and are the smallest player in class 8 these days.

Am I being paranoid about my 10spd, or is there something this brain trust suggests I do?

Just cracked 90k on my 21 last week, I’ll lose my 100k warranty here pretty soon.

I over heated the shit out of the 10spd back at 40k, but all the dealer said it needed was trans fluid bypass valve / coolant bypass valve, and a flush. Apparently the valve had disintegrated and clogged the lines up causing the over heat issue.

It’s been fine temp wise and mostly fine the past 50k, but I get occasional bang down shift or clunky shifts. I’m talking probably once or twice every 10k miles. For that reason I doubt the dealer would “verify customer concern” and I’ll be out two plus weeks of my truck and the PITA that consists of.
I just don’t want this thing to shit the bed right outside warranty.

Do I just do another flush and filter change here soon and keep going, or any suggestions?

Am I being paranoid about my 10spd, or is there something this brain trust suggests I do?

Just cracked 90k on my 21 last week, I’ll lose my 100k warranty here pretty soon.

I over heated the shit out of the 10spd back at 40k, but all the dealer said it needed was trans fluid bypass valve / coolant bypass valve, and a flush. Apparently the valve had disintegrated and clogged the lines up causing the over heat issue.

It’s been fine temp wise and mostly fine the past 50k, but I get occasional bang down shift or clunky shifts. I’m talking probably once or twice every 10k miles. For that reason I doubt the dealer would “verify customer concern” and I’ll be out two plus weeks of my truck and the PITA that consists of.
I just don’t want this thing to shit the bed right outside warranty.

Do I just do another flush and filter change here soon and keep going, or any suggestions?
The only thing I'd do is try and make sure software is current in the TCM, and then do a reset.

Last edited:
The only thing I'd do is try and make sure software is current in the TCM, and then do a reset.
Good idea. I’ll have to do some googling, all I have is Forscan which I’m guessing would let me see software version (no idea what’s current though) but I doubt it’s able to update anything.

Good idea. I’ll have to do some googling, all I have is Forscan which I’m guessing would let me see software version (no idea what’s current though) but I doubt it’s able to update anything.
Right you can't do updates with forscan.

We did my son's F150 power stroke ac compressor. His truck had been to ford for all the updates.

Doing the AC compressor the battery has to come out.

After we got it all back together he said it has never ran or shifted that good.

Maybe unhook the batteries over night? Might be easier than plugging into it.

Top Back Refresh