What's new

A Dumpster Fire named Rosie (1999 XJ)

I was waiting for the one ton swap. You cut so much out of the rear it would make sense to mock up clearance for 40s and relocate the gas tank.

Didn't have to wait too long. Tuned in!
:laughing:

Also, Black shop cat helping on an Dumpster fire tax. :smokin:

Attachments

• cat.jpg
    cat.jpg
    221 KB · Views: 27
Like this? (might not be "Full" lock...)
1710355480213.png

This was my first XJ on tons. Similarly narrowed Ford 60. Probably a bit narrower than this one.

Yes. With a narrowed 60 and some 37s with lots of backspacing it might not turn too great going left without some cutting, or limiting up travel. Then again, I’m sure Artec says to stick with 37s for their 1-ton truss under a Jeep.

What backspacing are your wheels? I don’t remember. 4 1/2”?

Edit: H2 with 5 1/2. On the last page.

What leave springs are those?

What backspacing are your wheels? I don’t remember. 4 1/2”?

Edit: H2 with 5 1/2. On the last page.

What leave springs are those?
I think they are supposed to be Rubicon Express 4.5"

It's sitting a bit tall for what I want... Hoping I can drop it two inches. Currently 33" to the bottom of the doors.

I'll roll it outside in a week or two - still working to finish the front suspension.

For some reason I thought your rear leaf spring mounts were on n a bumper much farther back. It took a minute to realize you had sliders installed so they’d be longer.

For some reason I thought your rear leaf spring mounts were on n a bumper much farther back. It took a minute to realize you had sliders installed so they’d be longer.
the bumper is short of the OEM location by about 6 inches - so that all adds up to be a bit confusing if you're not looking for it.

Baby steps.

3 of 4 Axle brackets are final. Waiting to finalize the upper control arm design/ length before I fully burn on the UCA tower.

Waiting on some parts to build the drag link.

Debating coilovers/ conventional springs/ shocks.

1711978347703.png

Top Back Refresh