What's new

FJs: Are people getting the prices asked on Autotrader?

GarScramb

Member Number
I've been watching FJs for a couple years now and kicking myself for not buying a few back when prices were normal. Ran across one today with only 20K miles and seller asking $29K. I figured this was a bit high and headed to Autotrader to find similar for sale. I can't believe how many are for sale asking $40k, $50k, and one at $60k.... Almost all others are in the mid-30s with mileage under 75k.

I guess I'm just wondering if these are selling for that or are these fantasy listings where people are hoping a sucker bites?

Honest question.....

Have you been watching Toyota 4x4 prices over the past three years? EVERYTHING is bonkers. Same with 3/4-1ton fullsizes.

$29k for a 20k mile FJC is a steal these days if it has a clean title.

Honest question.....

Have you been watching Toyota 4x4 prices over the past three years? EVERYTHING is bonkers. Same with 3/4-1ton fullsizes.

$29k for a 20k mile FJC is a steal these days if it has a clean title.
I have a little. I see the Tundras with 8 cyl engines are flying high and I get why. Totally sucks they put 6 cyl in those. I DD a '14 4Runner and I see it keeping it's value nicely.

I'm tending to see you are correct about the FJ being a steal.

I think it depends on the condition. If its actual show quality then maybe. Was speaking with a friend that works on lots of 40s at the Dealer and a customer turned down an offer of $40K two years ago on his 40 and now can't offload it for $32K. From what he was saying it is nowhere near show quality.

I think it depends on the condition. If its actual show quality then maybe. Was speaking with a friend that works on lots of 40s at the Dealer and a customer turned down an offer of $40K two years ago on his 40 and now can't offload it for $32K. From what he was saying it is nowhere near show quality.

Think you guys are talking different FJs

You talking FJ40 or FJ Cruiser. One is gay. The other isnt. The FJ40s are starting to come down in prices. People who list shit on autotrader or bring a trailer are expecting top dollar for their shit, so thats definitely not the market. Check facebook for a better price range on things. I have seen a lot of FJ40s lately that are unrestored selling in the $5k-ish range for decent builders and $20k for semi-restored rigs. Thats half price from covid years.

To clarify, my OP was about the gay Cruisers. Maybe I have butt-poking tendancies I don't know about, but I like them. :flipoff2:

Edit: for the record, I do love 40s and 80s much more, but I'm looking at DDs, not collectibles.

I never liked the fj cruiser due to its terrible blind spots. All the other FJ's are cool in my book

I don't get the attraction.

Stupid looking, ergonomics suck, under powered, it's a toyota fag phenomenon.

Absolutely over priced for what it delivers. Also yes, they command premium.

To clarify, my OP was about the gay Cruisers. Maybe I have butt-poking tendancies I don't know about, but I like them. :flipoff2:

Edit: for the record, I do love 40s and 80s much more, but I'm looking at DDs, not collectibles.

Drive one and you will understand how bad they are as a DD. Maybe one of the worst blind spots ever. Oh and they are gay. Not sure if anyone mentioned that. :flipoff2:

I vote daily driving an 80. Get a 3FE and you’ll be underpowered and will never beat 10 mpg. 🤣

Top Back Refresh