What's new

OH Permanent magnet chuck for metalworking SOLD

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bullitt1

Member Number
I have a good used 5“ dia. Fuji mag chuck for sale. This Japanese made chuck has a tapped mounting ring so It can be bolted to a plate , I recently reground it and it shows less than .0002 parallelism. Has .250 pole spacing and holds small stuff pretty well.

$100 shipped in the 48 or trade for ammo or hand tools
20231102_074240.jpeg
20231102_074225.jpeg

Holding small metal objects in a lathe (instead of using a chuck with jaws to clamp it in place).

Aaron Z
I’ve never actually done that but I guess it would work. I used it on real low pressure machining like ID/OD grinding, jig grinding and wire EDM. I recently got a 8” dia. version that works better for the projects I’m into now so I though I’d see if anybody had a use for the smaller one.

Is there an on/off switch to release items? Be nice to have for the lathe and mill but almost make a good hold for grinding.

Interesting, grinding yes, can’t really see drilling or cutting anything with it.

Interesting, grinding yes, can’t really see drilling or cutting anything with it.
I‘ve Spot drilled lots of small stuff on it just to put things on location then moved to a drill press , obviously no through holes. You can do some very light machining but it’s just not made for that like you said.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Back Refresh