What's new

Post up your latest new or used tool purchases

Man! Those are nice! A few of mine have the chrome peeling off in some spots and the missing ones are on eBay for like $50 each right now.
I am going to scour the farm property next time I am there to hopefully find the missing ones. Then again, they were all scattered all over so they may be gone totally.

I used them recently to break some lines free on an excavator control block without having to take all of the lines across the block loose, it was very very nice! I would like to find a set of the 90 degree fitting nut sockets too eventually. Or buy some hobo freight ones and mill the slots into them.
Thanks. I’ve used these a lot since I bought them years ago. I want a metric set too but $$$

Bought a Chinese mini mill to learn myself some stuff and make widgets I couldn’t make before.

97723196-9BB5-4A20-BF9F-91FC3D19A5C4.jpeg
That’s the cheap part, now you need tooling and measuring tools too :smokin:

I found this awesome old blast cabinet/ filter setup, it has a newer metering valve/ siphon gun setup, led lights and better filtration setup. It has a 40"x40" work area, The base is 1/4" steel and the top is 1/8". Needs some minor things but it works pretty well as is.

438293825_1578557963001193_7234603406801575957_n.jpg

438237564_898544055411012_601424727035757654_n.jpg

I also (unfortunately) had use for this kit the other day: Amazon.com

Walked out after work and found the passenger rear tire completely flat from a screw lodged in the tread. I picked up this kit awhile back and this is the third time I've used it. The tools are all nice and sturdy - not like some of the el cheapo stuff - and a nice laminated step-by-step instruction card if things aren't obvious to the user.

A bit of a struggle, but I got a three polyester ply two steel belt BFG AT plugged and holding air again within twenty minutes and same air pressure four days later so I'll call it good.

Tire Plug Collage.png

Picked up this chamfering/deburring tool earlier this year: Amazon.com

Pretty useful if you're cutting stuff out of plate. It does a nice job and comes with both straight and rounded blades to do chamfers and fillets to edges. Adjustable depth so you can do as little or as much as you want.

IMG_6804edit.JPG

These things are awesome for knocking the edge of of stuff right off the milling machine. Noisy as fuck, but awesome. I bought one a year or so ago. They didn't have the roundover inserts when I got mine but stumbled across them a few weeks ago and ordered a box from Amazon.

I posted this in my lathe thread...this was the motor adapter I made out of some repurposed flat bar. Being able to debur the inside of pockets like this in a few seconds kicks ass.

1715552188074.png

Also really handy for those laser cut brackets you get from various manufacturers. I was installing a ruff stuff traction bar the other day and only took a couple minutes to knock all the sharp edges off the brackets before tacking them in place. :smokin:

Picked up this chamfering/deburring tool earlier this year: Amazon.com

Pretty useful if you're cutting stuff out of plate. It does a nice job and comes with both straight and rounded blades to do chamfers and fillets to edges. Adjustable depth so you can do as little or as much as you want.

IMG_6804edit.JPG
Can you check what bearing is on the bit for me? Mine threw the bearing off and its gone forever.

I'll see what I can do.

EDIT: Actually, the link for the tool also has links for the replacement blades and also replacement bearings: Amazon.com

But the photos are a bit confusing. They show two clearly different bearings. The first image looks right, but the second two just look wrong. Hopefully it would be the correct ones...

I don't have the tool with me, but they also give the bearing dimensions for the replacement set.

714al1LyrYL._AC_SL1500_.jpg

61iHhz1bnsL._AC_SL1500_.jpg

61KdEgpw4HL._AC_SL1500_.jpg

Last edited:
Top Back Refresh