What's new

Source for a door?

AKnate

Icehole
Member Number
Looking for a passenger door for a 2008 Dosge 5500 single cab. I think 1500-5500 all use the same door?

All the places I've checked said discontinued, out of stock, etc. Nothing in wrecking yards in state.

car-part.com

I will help you more after you tell the class why you need a door...:flipoff2:

car-part.com

I will help you more after you tell the class why you need a door...:flipoff2:
Already checked, closest is in Oregon but they won't ship.

A buddy is going to paint it (truck was white and got a single stage blue at some point, it's peeling off in a few places they didn't scuff.

Dunno, bought the truck ~3.5 years ago with the door dented. Was a fuel delivery truck for a while and a mason owned it then traded it at the dealer. Got a new engine at around 75k miles, had ~85k when I bought it, has about 95k now. Pretty much only use it for hauling stuff.

20231122_100009.jpg

A place that the body shops source parts from a three letter name LKQ

Looks like moparpartsgiant.com has both a door and a repair skin in stock.

Ill keep them in mind. For some reason it's $$$$$ shipping.
It's ~$500 to ship just the panel. I thought maybe that was the "FU, you're in AK" rate, but it's only slightly cheaper for L48 shipping.

The panel would be about $700 and door $1600.

They really fuck you at the drivethru!!

Maybe the barge would be cheaper.

Ill keep them in mind. For some reason it's $$$$$ shipping.
It's ~$500 to ship just the panel. I thought maybe that was the "FU, you're in AK" rate, but it's only slightly cheaper for L48 shipping.

The panel would be about $700 and door $1600.

Thinking of just bondoing it at this point. Found a shop that can do a wrap for $2500, so would be all done up for under $2600.... which is damn near the price of a door it seems.

Top Back Refresh