What's new

Start current GM 6.0L Gas 6.6L Diesel

PAE

🚨 King of the Who ?🚨
Member Number
Loc
🚨
Need a battery isolation device and trying to figure what the starting current to know which one to order.

Trucks have a drain that ex boss and I cannot locate so to reserve battery juice without killing battery (Optima) dual red tops in Chevrolet 07 silverado classic/ Optima Yellow tops in Chevrolet 07 silverado classic with 6.0L gas engine.

Have done web searches nothing concrete.

Device at Amazon link.

Last edited:
Clamp on ampmeters everywhere when it comes to AC voltage but DC clamp on ampmeters are very rare and I'm sure you are aware you cant use an AC ampmeter on a DC circuit.

But maybe your Google Foo is better than mine ?

1000041245.jpg

Reactions: PAE
Clamp on ampmeters everywhere when it comes to AC voltage but DC clamp on ampmeters are very rare and I'm sure you are aware you cant use an AC ampmeter on a DC circuit.

But maybe your Google Foo is better than mine ?
I bought one of these. Seems to work well. Can't remember if I bought it at Home Depot or Amazon.

Clamp only works on AC voltage.

Read the description you posted.

Thanks for the effort.

I bought one of these. Seems to work well. Can't remember if I bought it at Home Depot or Amazon.

Huh, I use my clamp on DVOM to measure DC amps all the time, guess the 40 & 400A DC settings on the dial must be fake?

The drain is probably in the underhood fuse box. Seen a lot of weird problems caused by corrosion inside those, including running lights turning on on their own when the trucks been parked for hours.

Huh, I use my clamp on DVOM to measure DC amps all the time, guess the 40 & 400A DC settings on the dial must be fake?

The drain is probably in the underhood fuse box. Seen a lot of weird problems caused by corrosion inside those, including running lights turning on on their own when the trucks been parked for hours.
This or a bad alternator will drain the battery parked.

Alternator was removed from circuit and 2 amp drain was still observed.

Every underhood fuse and in cab left side dash fuse was checked for drain.

Whos box did you find that in ?

Took since Saturday last for you to think of that ?

Top Back Refresh