What's new

Its time for a good old fashion OSR shoot out

Will12785

Red Skull Member
Member Number
Loc
Syracuse, NY
I can't remember the last time someone did one so with the weather getting nice let's get this started.

I'm going from memory on the rules ap if I get it a little incorrect then just go fuck yourself and start your own.

For this contest we will use the NRA MR-31 target.

here are the rules:

Must be a bone stock off the shelf 22lr gun. I would say a sub $200 pre covid gun i.e. the 10/22 or a 190 or a marlin squirl. The gun must be iron sights. Ammo must be CCI standard velocity. Firing distance is 25 yards. The best 5 shot group wins.

Now for the buy in:

Everyone must donate $5 to the charity of the winners choice. When you sign up you pick your charity, and the gun you'll compete with.

Deadline for sign ups is April 30th and the deadline for submissions is May 10th.

1) will12785, Winchester 190, BRC

Last edited:
I can't remember the last time someone did one so with the weather getting nice let's get this started.

I'm going from memory on the rules ap if I get it a little incorrect then just go fuck yourself and start your own.

For this contest we will use the NRA MR-31 target.

here are the rules:

Must be a bone stock off the shelf 22lr gun. I would say a sub $200 pre covid gun i.e. the 10/22 or a 190 or a marlin squirl. The gun must be iron sights. Ammo must be CCI standard velocity. Firing distance is 25 yards. The best 5 shot group wins.

Now for the buy in:

Everyone must donate $5 to the charity of the winners choice. When you sign up you pick your charity, and the gun you'll compete with.

Deadline for sign ups is April 30th and the deadline for submissions is May 10th.
Best group, or best score with the tie-breaker being group size?

Guess I gotta go cruise through town now, and see whats on the used racks.
I looked the other day and was pretty disappointed.

Can I shoot an old rolling block Remington? It was sub $200 in pre Covid times. Sights aren’t very good and it was made for somebody smaller than me.

I looked the other day and was pretty disappointed.

Can I shoot an old rolling block Remington? It was sub $200 in pre Covid times. Sights aren’t very good and it was made for somebody smaller than me.

Ive got a 9422 that I got near 30 years ago. Thats really the only 22 rifle I got.

My gunbrokering skills have found the Anshutz with enough class to win this thing without firing a shot. Budget has been blown all to hell:lmao:

Ive got a 9422 that I got near 30 years ago. Thats really the only 22 rifle I got.

My gunbrokering skills have found the Anshutz with enough class to win this thing without firing a shot. Budget has been blown all to hell:lmao:
I have a 9422 but I paid more than $200 in pre covid times for it.

Will try and get in on this....22 rifles are something I have a glut of :homer:

I have a Remington junior special 1954 vintage can I play? It’s got the original Lyman 57RS peep sight. If so, I’m in. My charity is Oregon Firearms Federation. I’ll match the donation in the unlikely event I get the high score.

Iron sights at my age you're fuckin daft.

How about a HK G3 with a 22lr insert ?

20240408_123512.jpg

Last edited:
I have my first gun its a 10/22 but it was more than $200 even in 1998. If I am allowed to use it and able to find a way to print targets I am in. My son might be in too but his 10/22 was way more than $200 and it was pre covid too.

I don't own a .22 let alone any other gun that was under $200.
My 10/22 spiraled into a Ruger receiver with $1000 of parts bolted to it. :laughing:

I have my first gun its a 10/22 but it was more than $200 even in 1998. If I am allowed to use it and able to find a way to print targets I am in. My son might be in too but his 10/22 was way more than $200 and it was pre covid too.
that's fine, I'm not that picky. As long as it's nut upgraded with all the fancy kidd shit and the like.

The $200 rule is more like the 24 hours of lemons budget rule. Doesn't have to be $200 but passable.

Top Back Refresh