What's new

KRX 1000 - what years and differences should I be looking for?

dntsdad

Central California
Member Number
Loc
Central California
Just started to look into these and just wondering if there are features, etc. that I should be making me jump to X model year to pick up?

I know in the RZR world, the Ride Command came into play for example. I know not much about the Kawi other than they are seemingly better built that the Polaris and I have said it before, but Polaris couldn't even make an expensive fucking pool cleaner that lasted a season so fuck them.

I don't want to buy new so someone else takes the depreciation hit and hopefully pick up some cool, meaningful aftermarket add-ons.

Going to sell my Toyota crawler, or better yet hopefully trade, and start shopping soon and just want to be as eyes wide open as possible and no kick myself later.

Thanks

The early 2021 models had some teething issues. All of them seem to have somewhat excessive wear on the clutch weights but it's usually not a huge deal. Kawasaki has an updated clutch for the 2023 models that might be better but time will tell. Other than that they are extremely solid machines with less issues than is typical for other brands. I put RCOR weights in both of my machines and they seem to be holding up well with regular cleaning.

The ES models have the live valve fox suspension. The fancy model has the color gauge display. Some have factory radios.

Mechanically they are all essentially the same minus the live valve shocks. Buy the newest best deal you can find with the mods you want.
Not sure I would be scared of any year as long as it was well cared for. They are pretty robust SxS's.
They have some short comings but the aftermarket has it all sorted out.

we love our 24 two seater.

Reactions: DMG
The early 2021 models had some teething issues. All of them seem to have somewhat excessive wear on the clutch weights but it's usually not a huge deal. Kawasaki has an updated clutch for the 2023 models that might be better but time will tell. Other than that they are extremely solid machines with less issues than is typical for other brands. I put RCOR weights in both of my machines and they seem to be holding up well with regular cleaning.
Do the aftermarket weights help close the speed gap between the krx and other na sport sxs's?

Just started to look into these and just wondering if there are features, etc. that I should be making me jump to X model year to pick up?

I know in the RZR world, the Ride Command came into play for example. I know not much about the Kawi other than they are seemingly better built that the Polaris and I have said it before, but Polaris couldn't even make an expensive fucking pool cleaner that lasted a season so fuck them.

I don't want to buy new so someone else takes the depreciation hit and hopefully pick up some cool, meaningful aftermarket add-ons.

Going to sell my Toyota crawler, or better yet hopefully trade, and start shopping soon and just want to be as eyes wide open as possible and no kick myself later.

Thanks

Did you end up with one, or?

They'll lower your cruise rpm a bit and help with take off more than top speed. I use mine for woods trails and rock crawling so I'm fine with that. I'd probably get an X3 if I lived in the desert.
Thanks.

Ever hear about people removing or using a lighter primary clutch spring?

I ditched my primary when I installed the JBS weights. I did notice engine braking is a little less aggressive.

Do the aftermarket weights help close the speed gap between the krx and other na sport sxs's?

Did you end up with one, or?
Nope. Toyota still sitting here doing nothing.

I need to get my ass on it and sell it. I follow some KRX groups on FB and prices have seem to have fallen on used.

I also find this interesting as my local dealer has new ones for 18 otd

I also find this interesting as my local dealer has new ones for 18 otd
What dealers are those? Maybe I need to buy out of state? I have been searching used krx and talon's. Seems like it will take ~14-15k to get into a nice one. Big difference is the extras that come on a used one.

YPK motorsports has krx machines for 16,999. Always curious about other offerings.

Romney cycle in wv.
At one point my buddy said they were advertising 16k, but i never saw the ad so it didnt happen.

Buying used scares me with utvs given the amount of people ive seen use theirs as submarines. Personally I dont want the stereo and accessories, i just want to smash it into rocks.

Anyone have any personal experience buying from YPK? Might have the wife convinced to buy herself a KRX. Best price locally is $18,900 and YPK is $16,900. They're about a 6 hour drive from us, so wanted to see if anyone had dealt with them before we consider driving that far.

^^^^^ I have not had much luck getting feedbck on YPK either...

I am talking to a couple sellers of slightly used ones right now though. I have gone back and forth so many times on what to get. In a way I wanted to go with a Talon because I think they are a little quicker, but the whole sub trans thing keeps making me nervous. And, I can find krx units for better prices. Might have to go krx and consider a weights and a tuner for it??

I called and spoke with a salesman at YPK today. The $16,999 price is "legit" however it doesn't include any accessories that they have added. They do not have any base models that don't have accessories added on already. They all have at least a windshield and roof added, which adds approx. $1,000 to the price. They had one gray and several blue ones left when I called at lunchtime.

Top Back Refresh