What's new

2025 KoH; Attending for nOOBs: How/What/Where/Why

Man, the morning of the 30th can't come fast enough! Slowly getting the camper all squared away, SXS and truck are G2G.

Been meaning to install a diesel heater in the camper for awhile now but it's been cold as shit lately and the motivation has been low. Average JV lows look 10+ deg. warmer than what I'm used to so prob ain't happening for this trip. The 5kv version has been awesome in my garage for the last couple years.

last time I was there as pit crew in 09. Watched at home every year since when I had time. Going back there this year. I didn’t look through the whole post but what are things you wish you knew to bring when you don’t have it.

Watching the pre-show it looks like there will be some additional spots to watch the race, especially on lap two near Claw hammer and dirty sanchez.

last time I was there as pit crew in 09. Watched at home every year since when I had time. Going back there this year. I didn’t look through the whole post but what are things you wish you knew to bring when you don’t have it.
i have a shit to pack list i can send you. i made it so the guys meeting me dont have to borrow my shit.

May as well just post it. Heres the list we use. wasn't anything i wished i had last year.

shower towel/rag
base layers
long pants
shorts
socks/underwear
hiking boots
tennis shoes
dirt bike goggles
heavy coat
hoodies
gloves
t shirts
hat to keep the sun off
neck gaiters multiple for breathing dust
chapstick 2-3
deodorant
toothbrush and toothpaste
body wipes for whore baths
shampoo and soap
headlamp for hands free nighttime navigation
flashlights
ear plugs for sleeping
cash
phone battery pack
pillow
phone charging cord and wall plug
stocking cap
sunscreen
fire starters
small cooler to carry or put in a backpack because heading back to your rig for beverages sucks.

I was think about going out to King of the Hammers this year and was really looking forward to the backdoor shootout. Is there going to be anything similar to it or any other night events this year

I was think about going out to King of the Hammers this year and was really looking forward to the backdoor shootout. Is there going to be anything similar to it or any other night events this year
I don't think there's a shootout this year but there will be something probably every night at Backdoor, Chocolate Thunder and Turkey Claw. Also there's the 3 wheeler race that happens in the middle of the week. Look for the lit up tee-pee.

Digging the hauler out to try to get it thawing before the big trip. I hear snow in jv later this week.
IMG_9250.jpeg

Pics of the hauler

We had a little 2014 hard sided Nomad with canvas tip outs at each end that we sold for nothing a few years ago. Kicking myself for not keeping it and throwing it on a gooseneck similar to what you have going on. I'll probably revisit this setup when we have a little more property to keep it.

What route are you taking and when are you leaving? I'm going to be heading that way Saturday. I'm taking i-40 across.
leaving omaha saturday about noon. going 40 across as well. goal is to make it near albuquerque sat night. then go to phoenix on sunday and stay at a buddies place taking one last real shower. then wake up and be to hammertown by noon on monday. where are you leaving from?

leaving omaha saturday about noon. going 40 across as well. goal is to make it near albuquerque sat night. then go to phoenix on sunday and stay at a buddies place taking one last real shower. then wake up and be to hammertown by noon on monday. where are you leaving from?
Leaving from Pratt KS, heading down to Tucumcari and then across. I'll probably be 1/2 day in front of you if I get left on time.

anyone know of any weather issues next sat/sun in the new mexico area that might create treacherous driving conditions?
We have a little bit of weather coming in on Tuesday and Friday, but shows clear and 50* for saturday and sunday in ABQ. We've been pretty mild and warming up again for a few weeks in a row.

and if you need anything, there's homies in the area.

Maybe just try to break down closer to abq than Tucumcari or Gallup :flipoff2:

So how does johnson valley handle rain?

Looks like there's a decent chance of rain towards the end of the event

Top Back Refresh