What's new

2024 KRX 1000 ES

wvracer821

Member Number
Loc
Morgantown, WV
After many months of debate and research I finally pulled the trigger on this thing. I’ll try to keep this updated as I get out on the trail and add stuff.
IMG_1741.jpeg

IMG_1742.jpeg

IMG_1747.jpeg

IMG_1745.jpeg
IMG_1751.jpeg

Awesome, you're going to love it. Throw a full uhmw skid plate on it and send it!

You may need this. I am ordering it for my 2020.

Where are you riding? You arent too far from me.

I’m planning on getting that stuff from full access. Mostly just local trails around here that we’ve been running around on for years. A couple trips to Hatfield and McCoy a year. WV allows UTVs to be street legal now with a Special Purpose Vehicle tag which opens up a lot of riding without having to trailer

Reactions: DMG
I’m planning on getting that stuff from full access. Mostly just local trails around here that we’ve been running around on for years. A couple trips to Hatfield and McCoy a year. WV allows UTVs to be street legal now with a Special Purpose Vehicle tag which opens up a lot of riding without having to trailer
I have a Montana license plate on the way for similar reasons.

I’ve gotta get my order In for my turn signal kit asap. I loved having my General legal to rip around town in.

I wouldn’t waste my time with that marked motorsports package. Most of those reinforcing things aren’t doing anything at all. They’re just glorified washers floating in space. I did several of them, embarrassed the whole time I was putting this stuff in. The lower plate under the transmission should help a little, but the others seem flat out dumb.

If memory serves, though, I really wish I bought his rear hitch. I’m not sure I’m remembering that right, but I regret the EMP hitch I put on.

And yeah, turn signals are the shit. Took me a much longer time to install than I ever would’ve dreamed. They should start prewiring for those things.

Ive wondered if that marked Motorsports kit was just marketing. He seems awful pushy in his videos. I’m still undecided on some of the stuff. Class 1 motorsports offers a chassis gusset kit that you weld in and also a few other nice things I’m interested in.

In other news, I took a quick ride today to put a trail camera up. We put in 12 miles on trails I know very well and I’m pretty impressed by how well this thing drives compared to the General XP I had before.

One of my few complaints is the amount of heat in the cab. I’ve got the cab seal kit on order now and I’m going to go wild with some tape inside the thing to help keep the engine heat out. I had to do the same with the Polaris so I’m not terribly surprised. If it’s still too hot inside I’ve been looking at wrapping the coolant lines that run below the console with some insulation.

Also I added a Kawasaki glass windshield that I forgot to mention.
IMG_1758.jpeg

Ive wondered if that marked Motorsports kit was just marketing. He seems awful pushy in his videos. I’m still undecided on some of the stuff. Class 1 motorsports offers a chassis gusset kit that you weld in and also a few other nice things I’m interested in.

In other news, I took a quick ride today to put a trail camera up. We put in 12 miles on trails I know very well and I’m pretty impressed by how well this thing drives compared to the General XP I had before.

One of my few complaints is the amount of heat in the cab. I’ve got the cab seal kit on order now and I’m going to go wild with some tape inside the thing to help keep the engine heat out. I had to do the same with the Polaris so I’m not terribly surprised. If it’s still too hot inside I’ve been looking at wrapping the coolant lines that run below the console with some insulation.

Also I added a Kawasaki glass windshield that I forgot to mention.
IMG_1758.jpeg
Good points on the weld in stuff. That’s the scam with the Full Access/Marked Motorsports things. He sells them as reinforcements. But there’s nothing suspending them in space. The front shock tower “gusset” is just a plate that connects the two eyelets together. The only thing holding it in position is a pair of 6mm bolt threaded into sheet metal. If you instead took that exact plate and welded it in place, it would fix the problem. Oh, except you can only get to the front of the shock tower. So there’s nothing that could be done on the back, anyway. Same with the a-arm reinforcements. There’s nothing holding them in place, they just kinda bridge across the machine to the opposite a-arm mounting tab. That’s not doing shit if you clip a tree with one wheel. And it’s not doing shit to stop the mounting tab wear like some weld washers.

I started putting the cab seal kit in. hopefully that helps some of the hot air in the cab. I’m sure I’m going to end up insulating the coolant lines some day.

On a more exciting note I picked up the Graves exhaust that DMG took off his KRX and brought it home today.

71400664236__5A5CCC70-007B-4CBF-AB1F-538000CDB18B.jpeg

Here’s the start of my classic ritual of making a nice vehicle a piece of shit in record time.

Since the ES model comes with the big digital dash display it means that the factory Kawasaki camera is a plug and play deal and the plug for it is already taped up behind the driver side taillight. For $85 and 1 drilled 20mm hole I now have a fancy back up camera. However I don’t like that the camera doesn’t automatically come on when you go to reverse. Kind of a missed mark from Kawasaki.

IMG_1811.jpeg

IMG_1814.jpeg

IMG_1812.jpeg

IMG_1813.jpeg

No auto reverse cam sounds kinda dumb. Will it at least stay on until you turn it back off? One of mine is an ES and I might want to get the cam for it since my wife drives it; not sure if she'd bother with manually turning it on though.

Yeah it will just stay on as far as I know. I’ll report back when I get a chance to actually test it. There’s a front camera available also

Seeing your recommendations here definitely helped me make the choice. To touch on your safety comment. I agree with you totally. I’ll be making a harness bar next days off and getting that sorted out asap. A real cage is in the plan but I’m not sure which one I want. Idk how manufacturers get away with the shitty seatbelts and horrible roll cages in all these machines

I have a cagewrx diy kit on mine and my brother has put 2of theirs on his machines as well. They fit well for most part and are a huge upgrade over the stock "rollcage" :laughing:

I’ve eyeballed the cagewrx stuff a lot. I just wish they would come out with a windshield kit to match

I really like this cage from Alpine Designs.

I really like this cage from Alpine Designs.

That's a bad ass cage. :smokin:

I put a few more miles on it today. I’m up to 25 now lol. I can’t wait to get my intercom put in that I took out of my General when I sold it.

I have a cagewrx diy kit on mine and my brother has put 2of theirs on his machines as well. They fit well for most part and are a huge upgrade over the stock "rollcage" :laughing:
I have installed two of the Cagewrx cages in RZRs. I had the super shorty in my 900s and my XP1K has a Baja Spec. Cagewrx offers glass windshields for the RZR cages. Looks like they don't offer them for the KRX.. silly.

Very silly. I might drop them an email to see if it’s something that’s coming in the future or if it’s something I can pay up for them to do

Seeing your recommendations here definitely helped me make the choice. To touch on your safety comment. I agree with you totally. I’ll be making a harness bar next days off and getting that sorted out asap. A real cage is in the plan but I’m not sure which one I want. Idk how manufacturers get away with the shitty seatbelts and horrible roll cages in all these machines
I will be following this to see and maybe copy the harness bar.

I was under the impression that the KRX has one of the stouter factory cages. Is that not true?

I think it’s definitely better than some of the other machines especially the older ones. But I’d like to be able to use it more than once lol

Top Back Refresh