What's new

DOM Prices

Bump, how are steel prices for all of you now? Pattons in Palmdale, CA area was always the best pricing I have ever seen. IMS always ripped me off. Gem state metal in Idaho was in between patton and IMS pricing for a while, the dude retired, sold the business to someone else and prices immediately went 2-3x higher depending on what it was.

I personally havent seen any relief compared to 2022 prices.

I get quotes from IMS and my Local Pattons in Hesperia price matches BUT that's when I'm buying a large qty. I just got raped on some little 1" x .120 DOM for like $2.79 a ft.

They like to tell me that every month prices go up but that's probably a default statement to make customers not get mad that it's more expensive everytime they shop for metal.

I have noticed that the flat plate like 3/16 and 10ga has came down a little bit BUT i doubt we will see the pre COVID prices on most things again unless we get a massive correction in our economy

Also a few friends in LA area use Scot Industries since they deliver a couple times a week from Kingman, AZ and they say they're the cheapest around they have used. Plus you can have them cut the material to certain lengths if you use it for a production part which saves you time and money having to deal with that and easier to unload and move cut sticks rather than full sticks

I get quotes from IMS and my Local Pattons in Hesperia price matches BUT that's when I'm buying a large qty. I just got raped on some little 1" x .120 DOM for like $2.79 a ft.

They like to tell me that every month prices go up but that's probably a default statement to make customers not get mad that it's more expensive everytime they shop for metal.

I have noticed that the flat plate like 3/16 and 10ga has came down a little bit BUT i doubt we will see the pre COVID prices on most things again unless we get a massive correction in our economy
LOL...here...if you're not buying in bulk (like over a grand in tubing)....1 x .120" DOM will run you over $7 a foot

Agree though. The economy is shit. Inflation from printing all this money and the accompanying debt is going to take a decade to unravel....if it ever does (which is not the way to bet).

400’ of 1.75x.120 domestic 1020 DOM with delivery from 40 minutes away is $5.20 a foot in KC

Got quoted $1,050 for 120' of 1.75x.120 DOM and two sticks of 2x3 3/16 wall

I could use some 1-1/2" x .095 cromo tube to redo the cage on my race car but I'm afraid to even call about it. :laughing:
God I hear ya....I need a shit ton of 2x.250 wall 4130 for links and I'm terrified to price it out.

You guys need to do a group buy, or piggyback off of somebody else's order

$7.08 for 1.75 x .120w in VA. 🤢

I'm working on a steel order for some of my own shop stock and just added 5 sticks of 1.75 to my order and it would run $7.27 / ft delivered to my place outside Zion's X Roads from the Richmond Ryerson yard and thats on a 2k lb total order including misc plate, box tubing, and some round bar. Thats just ridiculous. The last of what I have on my shelf was from 2015 and I think it was like $2.35 a foot then because we ordered like 1500 ft amongst friends.

The last of what I have on my shelf was from 2015 and I think it was like $2.35 a foot then because we ordered like 1500 ft amongst friends.
I've bought and sold dom over the years, and regretted everytime I sold it.

Also, PM Sent

I bought 5 Sticks of 1.75” .120 wall dom in Palmdale today. It was $120 a stick plus tax. Kinda spendy.

Riverside IMS quoted me $3.32/ft for 5 full lengths of 1.5 x .120 DOM. Also $4.40/ft for a 10' piece of 1.75 x .120 DOM. This was on March 18th.
3/16 HR P&O was $1.84/lb

man thats not bad. they are usually more than most, but they have a ton of inventory ... so i usually hit the easy button
Yeah, IMS is usually higher than a cat's back....but that's where I recently scored good deals on 1.75, 1.5 and 1.25 in .120 wall DOM.....but only b/c I knew the guy at the counter and bought over a grand of tube to start.

Top Back Refresh