What's new

Fordyce Cisco grove situation?

What's the current status on Cisco grove?

Can you park trailers in the lot right next to rattlesnake road?

Can you still go through the camp ground to the trail that takes you to the trail head?
Our daughter and her husband as well as her friend were on the trail yesterday 9/1 returning to Basecamp when a portion of the trail gave way and they rolled 4X down the grade. Our daughter was thrown from the vehicle, which ended up being a blessing, her husband faired well and their friend ended up in the Truckee hospital. I would like to extend a huge thank you to the emergency crews who came to their rescue and the fellow people who cam to assist in the recovery of their vehicle. Blessings to you all.

Jesus, glad everyone faired ok

Any idea what part of the trail this happened on?
Pics showed them staging SAR out of Eagle. I'm curious if a section of Signal Peak got washed out.
The backside route has become real popular with sxs and street rigs.

Our daughter and her husband as well as her friend were on the trail yesterday 9/1 returning to Basecamp when a portion of the trail gave way and they rolled 4X down the grade. Our daughter was thrown from the vehicle, which ended up being a blessing, her husband faired well and their friend ended up in the Truckee hospital. I would like to extend a huge thank you to the emergency crews who came to their rescue and the fellow people who cam to assist in the recovery of their vehicle. Blessings to you all.
Damn that sucks. Glad they are ok. I have friends up there this weekend as well. Where on the trail?

:eek:
Damn. Glad they made it out.

So does PGE still have the road from fordyce lake to cisco grove blocked off? I thought I had heard somewhere that they had finished there maintenance to the dam and were done.

So does PGE still have the road from fordyce lake to cisco grove blocked off? I thought I had heard somewhere that they had finished there maintenance to the dam and were done.
It's open, I drove it last month. Last I heard PG&E fired the contractor and canceled the project, but that's just an internet rumor.

It's open, I drove it last month. Last I heard PG&E fired the contractor and canceled the project, but that's just an internet rumor.
Yeah, I thought it was something weird like that. Good to know, I'll be headed up in a couple weeks.

Was just there this weekend and it's good to go. Ran Fordyce lake to meadow lake and camped, nice weather and not much dust from the recent rain.

1000003005.jpg

So does this mean that they are going to drain it of retention and the outflows will be low?

My guess is it's gonna be high flows till they get the level they want than drop it to minimum

:flipoff2: Fukkin aye:flipoff2:
How's the snow pac in the watershed look?
Supposed to be back on the rebuild of the dam this year...
I want to take my lowrider thru this summer :beer:

My group is wanting to hit Fordyce August 6 - 11, never been, only done Rubicon. How is it usually then? I'm worried the water crossings will fuck up my '81 crawler due to shitty wiring and a buddies past experience

Edit: Just realized those are also the dates for the sierra trek this year, so water should be low but crowds will be high

Last edited:
My group is wanting to hit Fordyce August 6 - 11, never been, only done Rubicon. How is it usually then? I'm worried the water crossings will fuck up my '81 crawler due to shitty wiring and a buddies past experience

Edit: Just realized those are also the dates for the sierra trek this year, so water should be low but crowds will be high
Crowds will be awful, trail clogs, and full of rookies. I’d pick another date.

Is it comparable to the crowds on the Rubicon for 4th if July weekend? Worse?
There are Thursday and Friday runs.
If you get caught going against the grain (going West) during one of the runs you will be stuck basically all day. You might be able to get a little bit of movement in between groups, but It's basically a train of about 100 rigs or something that arrive at WH1 around 10AM or so and usually doesn't clear Committee Crossing until like 3 PM or so.

If you're going to try to slip in, do your moving real early and plan to get stuck, or go well into the afternoon.

Last edited:
Top Back Refresh