What's new

ID this Jeep Drag Link

crispins

FJB
Member Number
Loc
Pigeon Forge, TN
I am trying to help an employee.

This 2011 JK has started death wobbling badly and cannot be driven anymore.

This was purchased from a car lot a couple years ago and nothing is known about it.

It looks to have a Terraflex 4" kit on it, which looks to be a nice kit when it was put on who knows how many years ago, it has been neglected and not maintained.

The tires are horrible on it, they are cupped badly.

I swapped the front and rears and that helped a bunch.

I can see that the tie rod that goes into the pitman arm is loose.

I ordered a factory replacement one but it is not right.

There are no markings on the Drag Link and it is not a Terraflex one.

I thought to order a stock draglink but I see this one is flipped and all the flipped ones are out of budget right now.

So, anyone know what draglink this is or where I can get the replacement end that would fit it?

PXL_20231216_202725495.jpg
PXL_20231216_194901368.jpg
PXL_20231216_194904150.jpg
PXL_20231216_202703732.jpg

What's not right about the factory one you tried? The threads or the taper?

I don't know shit about fuck when it comes to duck transporters, but that just looks like s sketchy extension of a factory link.

What's not right about the factory one you tried? The threads or the taper?

I don't know shit about fuck when it comes to duck transporters, but that just looks like s sketchy extension of a factory link.
The sholder on the new one is too long.

Can't help with the drag link ID, but jk ball joints go out early and often and was the source of my death wobbles. The track bar is also a common cause. shitcan the full thread 14mm bolts and replace with shouldered 9/16 while making sure the holes aren't wallered out.

Kind of looks like the metalcloak drag link.

1702762707978.png

That's an old Rancho JK lift kit.

The long side is RHD JK tie rod that sombody hacked that adjuster onto. Order a new RHD right tie rod, factory threaded adjuster and keep that TRE you have now, assemble, center wheel and peel out.

Flip that like his is and that wouldn't bolt in.

You know rod ends are threaded and can be rotated 180 degrees, right? :flipoff2:

Seriously, looks like his has been flipped. Or maybe his is original and the mc one is for flipping. Either way, same geometry if you turn the ends.

I wonder if this would be better than that extension thing.

1702762470529.png
It’ll be a miracle to center the steering wheel if deleting the “extension”.

I’ll measure the thread and go from there. Grab some GM “1-ton TRE” if they measure 7/8” thread.

that looks like a 70's dodge w200 tre to me. es394L or es394R.
I ordered a ES394R but the ES394L does not seem to exist as a part number.

The picture of it shows right hand threads (which is what I need) but cannot trust a pic.

Is there a different part number for the other side?

It’s a “flipped” or “high steer” drag link. Makes the drag link and track bar more flat on a 3.5”+ lift. You have to order a flipped TRE, pick a manufacturer, they all make one. There will be an insert in the knuckle, you drill it and install the taper insert to install the flipped TRE.

Here is the whole kit.

Top Back Refresh