Members:
Threads:
Discussions:
Photos:

Latest photos

Group events

South East Irates

Monthly trail ride planning thread

And my junk pile on 37s lol!! Most of the trails are a choose your own adventure type setup where there are different lines throughout, not too many death climbs which is nice for a south eastern park. I heard a great description of the place on a podcast: the stuff that looks easy is usually hard, and the stuff that looks hard is somehow easy.
Hey YJ4Rox how many bypasses are there on cripple? I usually break or someone else breaks and we never make it to there.

There is really only two in the middle section, you can take the left side up around the tree which is a little easier at the V notch slab. The undercut on the slab was eating 43's last time. I sqeezed the notch on the right and walked it. The next section has a bypass to the right up through the creek laurels and the old line up the main creek is a BITCH. I have yet to get up it in the buggy. rear steer buggy even winched last time. A couple of the rocks in the middle of it moved and it just all diff hangers.
Lower cripple you are pretty locked into the creek bed and upper is just good crawling.

There is really only two in the middle section, you can take the left side up around the tree which is a little easier at the V notch slab. The undercut on the slab was eating 43's last time. I sqeezed the notch on the right and walked it. The next section has a bypass to the right up through the creek laurels and the old line up the main creek is a BITCH. I have yet to get up it in the buggy. rear steer buggy even winched last time. A couple of the rocks in the middle of it moved and it just all diff hangers.
Lower cripple you are pretty locked into the creek bed and upper is just good crawling.
Cool! My issue is my Tacoma is like a mile long and sits low. I'll put tires on anything but need an out, I'll probably jump in a rig with one of these other dudes when they hit cripple, and depending on how it looks, drop in with my junk on a different day.

Cool! My issue is my Tacoma is like a mile long and sits low. I'll put tires on anything but need an out, I'll probably jump in a rig with one of these other dudes when they hit cripple, and depending on how it looks, drop in with my junk on a different day.
dont sweat it man, we had a yota rig with us last time on new 37 sticky mickeys, The yota track width gives you a ton of options and he pretty much walked it all other than the nasty middle spot.

not my video but skip to 6:30 and he has good shots of us on cripple.

dont sweat it man, we had a yota rig with us last time on new 37 sticky mickeys, The yota track width gives you a ton of options and he pretty much walked it all other than the nasty middle spot.

not my video but skip to 6:30 and he has good shots of us on cripple.

Haha I watched the chemical valley crawlers vid from that trip as well!

Man can't wait to be wheeling this time next week!!!

Yall dont let me forget about the Hatfield weekend. If you decide on Ivy i will take a few rigs and prerun a couple of weeks before. Rangers dont maintain the double blacks so we can go make sure there are no trees down. Especially if someone wants to run Lower J since its technically not on HM.

Haha I watched the chemical valley crawlers vid from that trip as well!

Man can't wait to be wheeling this time next week!!!
good lawd someone actually watches our CVC videos. starved for youtube content.

Hell yea! I like that they are just crawling videos and not a bunch of influencer bullshit. I also use them to "scout" parks I have never been to. I even smashed the subscribe button!!:laughing:

Last edited:
Yall dont let me forget about the Hatfield weekend. If you decide on Ivy i will take a few rigs and prerun a couple of weeks before. Rangers dont maintain the double blacks so we can go make sure there are no trees down. Especially if someone wants to run Lower J since its technically not on HM.
I need to add the rest of the ride dates to the irate ride calendar, I think you can even get all nerdy and export them to your phone calendar for reminders. I have never been there and that's probably the place I'm most excited to visit this summer, everything I have seen from there looks cool!!

I watch them too, added your shirt fund raiser stuff to our group to try and help out some as well.

We put a YJ on 35s with a front locker through Cripple last year twice. Once during the day, once immediately after it poured in the dark. We also had a Tacoma on tons yeet a driveshaft on the slab after the v-notch.

I wish I could make this trip, I'm all excited to wheel just thinking about it:homer:

I watch them too, added your shirt fund raiser stuff to our group to try and help out some as well.

We put a YJ on 35s with a front locker through Cripple last year twice. Once during the day, once immediately after it poured in the dark. We also had a Tacoma on tons yeet a driveshaft on the slab after the v-notch.

I wish I could make this trip, I'm all excited to wheel just thinking about it:homer:
Come to Harlan in may

Damn it I want my buggy done…

I’m definitely going to catch as many rides as I can next year on the east and wherever.

Make sure you guys post up pics and vids if the shenanigans. :smokin:

I’ll have the smallest rig there I’m sure. My samurai is on 35s. I’ve never used a map out there really. Just drive around and when you’re done go uphill to get back to the truck.

I’ll have the smallest rig there I’m sure. My samurai is on 35s. I’ve never used a map out there really. Just drive around and when you’re done go uphill to get back to the truck.
Yea but you are wheeling with the rear steer and sticky tire cheat codes on:laughing:! Can't wait for next weekend, should be a blast!!

Longest short week at work!!! Need to rerun some hydraulic lines tonight, hack up fenders and maybe fix my leaking ram. I go back and forth on fixing that pre or post trip. Either way, excited to be out in the woods in a few days!!

Just finished loading up. Picking up JohnnyJ at noon and should be there by 9.
Some of our guys will be there 6ish.
What's the final head count?
You guys, plus me and 91samurai, who knows who's lurking though.

I'm wrapping up wrenching on the truck tonight, needcto trim some fenders, weld my muffler on, change some fluids, and pack up. Probably will be getting to the ranch around when you all are, around 8 or 9pm.

I'll be in this:
1000001937.jpg

Fun trip! white-rhino and JohnnyJ brought their crew down. Good group, really cool people! 91samurai brought his badass sami out, other than that it was a little weak on actual SE irates on the run:flipoff2:. Everyone has their usual little to medium shit breaking, but really the only terminal break was 3 out of the 4 trans mounting bolts pulling out on one of the buggies. Weather was real nice, little bit of rain the first day, but nothing crazy, saturday was perfect!! So here is my photo dump!
1000001983.jpg

1000001987.jpg

1000001996.jpg

1000001984.jpg

1000002009.jpg

1000002023.jpg

1000002031.jpg

1000002038.jpg

1000002039.jpg

1000002033.jpg

Top Back Refresh