What's new

My Traxxas XMaxx Journey

SomeGuy

Awesome, Busted.
Member Number
Loc
Canada
Picked up an XMaxx today with the associated 8s LiPo batteries and all the kit:

Just opened it up today. Have only briefly driven it for 2 minutes, not really a proper rip yet. This thing is huge (that's what she said lol).

Holy shit, 8s? That’s pretty awesome.

Not really, fucking thing is dead...ESC is toast on the first run with full batteries. Literally powered it on, checked steering/throttle, took it outside and died in the first foot...3 solid red lights on the esc.

Not really, fucking thing is dead...ESC is toast on the first run with full batteries. Literally powered it on, checked steering/throttle, took it outside and died in the first foot...3 solid red lights on the esc.
Shit, that sucks.

I burned up the motor in mine after about 6 runs. Traxxas will warranty it but you still have to pay a fair amount. I just went with an aftermarket motor and esc.

this reminds me of my savage xl brushless. thing was built. tekin esc motor, etc. But fuck, it had nothing but issues. Burnt up esc, constant drivetrain breakage, and I didnt even beat on it hard.

Just not our luck bro

1/8 truggy ftw.

I burned up the motor in mine after about 6 runs. Traxxas will warranty it but you still have to pay a fair amount. I just went with an aftermarket motor and esc.
I can see a Hobbywing Max6 ESC and motor in the future if this thing keeps toasting.

Why do I have to pay for anything? The thing pretty well failed right out of the box.

I can see a Hobbywing Max6 ESC and motor in the future if this thing keeps toasting.

Why do I have to pay for anything? The thing pretty well failed right out of the box.
Maybe yours will be covered completely because it happened so quickly after purchasing. Just reach out to them ASAP. Other than the motor issue mine has been great. you just have to accept that it’s not a cheap hobby I guess.

Maybe yours will be covered completely because it happened so quickly after purchasing. Just reach out to them ASAP. Other than the motor issue mine has been great. you just have to accept that it’s not a cheap hobby I guess.

I have video of the moment it died from one of my security cameras, literally sitting on my porch at the start of the first proper run. I called them today, they said Canadians need to go through their dealers (ugh), called dealer they said the guy that deals with warranty is in on Tuesday (double ugh)...I am so going to get the run around on this.

I knew it wouldn't be cheap, I fully anticipated breaking parts on it...but damn it, at least give me a chance to do it myself while driving it lol

I have video of the moment it died from one of my security cameras, literally sitting on my porch at the start of the first proper run. I called them today, they said Canadians need to go through their dealers (ugh), called dealer they said the guy that deals with warranty is in on Tuesday (double ugh)...I am so going to get the run around on this.

I knew it wouldn't be cheap, I fully anticipated breaking parts on it...but damn it, at least give me a chance to do it myself while driving it lol
I ended up going with a motor and esc from castle creations. I also bought their dual cooling fan setup for the motor.

Customer support was nonexistent when I was trying to get help so I’ve committed to no longer buying traxxas products. My guess is that they are going to want you to send your speed control and motor in for them to test.

Ive had my xmaxx for 2 years now and the only breakge has been from launching it off shit and it cartwheeling on landing. All my fault. It is a shit ton of fun in the dunes...

Get new wheels and tires. The rubber is too soft and they can balloon then tear themselves apart. The lack of glue probably helped.

DSC_0028.JPG

Last edited:
Welcome to the bottomless pit of RC cars and the it's always broke saga.

I was ready for stuff breaking, not too worried about the cost...was just not ready for an ESC dieing before I even ran one full set of batteries.

Get new wheels and tires. The rubber is too soft and they can balloon then tear themselves apart. The lack of glue probably helped.

I was planning on the break/replace method...once I tear up a tire, I'll get a new set. Though I kinda want to try paddles for the snow sometime lol

Pulled the ESC for warranty, hopefully it's painless to get the replacement:

New ESC is in, but screw Traxxas and their shit warranty for taking a month and making me pay $50 to replace their broken shit.

Wow, that's bullshit. My LHS warranties everything in house for traxxas except batteries. They told me "Traxxas is very anal about their bats and you have to call them so they can get an idea of how you treat/charge them" Sucks that its different in Canada.

The xmaxx is ridiculous though. I watched a kid playing with one and was like damn! I still have my excessively modded tmaxx with a .21 so I cant justify an x.

Wow, that's bullshit. My LHS warranties everything in house for traxxas except batteries. They told me "Traxxas is very anal about their bats and you have to call them so they can get an idea of how you treat/charge them" Sucks that its different in Canada.

The xmaxx is ridiculous though. I watched a kid playing with one and was like damn! I still have my excessively modded tmaxx with a .21 so I cant justify an x.

Yeah, was just a shitty process...but you're right, this thing absolutely rips:

Need to hit some of the parks near by, the street was just not cutting it for bashing lol

We just got one today, It's pretty impressive beast!
Here's the kids video of the first run.

(And yes, I'm trying to get him view on the utoobs)

Put some paddle tires on it and go to secluded beach or sand pit! Nothing but smiles!!!!

Some snow bashing:

Couldn't keep the wife around long enough though, by the end I was clearing road to sidewalk jumps haha

LoL here's the other side of snow bashing I didn't show the first time....crashing :)

Top Back Refresh