What's new

Shocks fill loose.

Cad

Member Number
Toyota truggy. So last year I went from a coil spring 4 link rear and leaf front to Fox 2.0 all around and went 3 link in the front. I have a sway bar in the rear only. My issue is driving straight it is super stable. But if I wanted to turn around while on a hill it would want to roll. i.e. say I was turning around on a hill and the drivers side was facing down hill the it is like the passenger side just fully extends. I do not remember how much oil I put in the shocks but I did find a Fox chart with weight of buggy and length of shocks then their recommendations. And that is what I went with for a starting point. But I just didnt know if maybe I was missing something or this is more of a common thing with Air shocks. And if going coilovers would resolve it. Thanks in advance.

Yeah my geometry isnt perfect but as close as it can get to it and still clear everything.

Does it lean while cornering? How far apart are the chassis shock mounts? How high is the CG compared to the roll center? Is it an issue when sitting off camber or only when giving it some gas? How are you doing gear reduction? Is it mostly ring and pinion or is it mostly transfer case and crawl box?

No cornering is fine. The shock mounts ... The front ( which is i think where my issue is coming from) axle side are father apart than the shock hoop. Not quite as much as I would like but when sitting at ride height it is acceptable... But just. The CG and roll center are pretty close, If my math is right. throttle has nothing to do with it. Across rocks going up the obstacle it preforms great. But if I turn sideways on anything with an incline it wants to roll over. 4.56:1 is the R&P i am running a 2.28 in front and a 4.7 in the rear. .

Does it lean more when a particular side is downhill? So it leans excessively when off camber even with no torque going to the axles? How flat is your panhard bar?

Reactions: Cad
Does it lean more when a particular side is downhill? So it leans excessively when off camber even with no torque going to the axles? How flat is your panhard bar?
At ride height Almost flat, I have no clue where my numbers got off to. If I can find em I will post em. And around 4.5 shaft showing.

So for what it is worth, I got the front shocks second hand, As soon as I got em I sent them out to be rebuilt. I made the assumption they would be put back together correctly. Well, That isnt the case. One had 300cc of oil the other had just under 160cc. I am topping em off tomorrow, so I will update after. But apparently you wont get shit for a rebound if you have hardly any oil in the shock...

Everything is topped off and the shocks feel much better. Wont really know till I hit the park up this weekend. AOP here I come.

Top Back Refresh