What's new

Slowpoke attempts to kill himself in a golfcart!

Looking good. When’s the next race?

Up until last week I didn't think there was going to be a season..... The people who bought the series from MAO in January were radio silent up until the end of last weekend and had us all wondering if we were racing and if so, where? There were rumors going around everywhere and they were all bad and the new owners wouldn't say either way even when directly called out for answers. Good news is we are racing at MAO for the full 2024 season starting on memorial day weekend.

Up until last week I didn't think there was going to be a season..... The people who bought the series from MAO in January were radio silent up until the end of last weekend and had us all wondering if we were racing and if so, where? There were rumors going around everywhere and they were all bad and the new owners wouldn't say either way even when directly called out for answers. Good news is we are racing at MAO for the full 2024 season starting on memorial day weekend.
Well that’s all pretty interesting. MAO sure messed folks up.:shaking:

Looking good. When’s the next race?
IMG_5866.jpeg

Did some small stuff yesterday before I had to leave town for work. I got the shifter buttons permanently installed in the steering wheel with the help of my grinder.....

20240428_174658.jpg

And then I went to work on fitting a pair of mud covers on the new rear wheels. I scored these covers off FB Marketplace a month or so ago and they are super light. The bolt holes in the cover were a little off so I oversized the holes to get everything to line up.....

20240428_180218.jpg

20240428_180255.jpg

20240428_180319.jpg

I'll get the tires mounted up this week when I get back from my trip.

They are mostly used for dirt circle track racing. The other Keiser wheels I have came with spun aluminum mud covers that are pretty light but these new lexan covers are feathers in comparison.
Makes sense on why I wouldn’t know about those existing. Wonder if they make them for 17” wheels…would make cleaning beadlocks a ton easier.

bdkw1 has been working on a little side project for me this winter and it's just about done so I figured I'd share some pictures of the front clutch delete I drempt up that he made become a reality...

20240331_184927-1.jpg

20240501_195840.jpg

20240507_194843.jpg

20240507_194903.jpg

20240507_200133.jpg

With that setup my car will become full time 4wd and it will eliminate a bunch of rotating weight that doesn't need to be there, and I'm pretty sure this is the only one in existence. :smokin:

Once it's in my hands I'll get it installed so I can get a measurement for the new carbon fiber driveshaft I'm going to have made at The Driveshaft Shop out of California. Zoom zoom

Last edited:
since I am a RZR guy and not familar. The Honda has a clutch on the driveline from the trans to the front diff?

since I am a RZR guy and not familar. The Honda has a clutch on the driveline from the trans to the front diff?

It's bolted directly to the front diff. Transfer case is technically full time 4wd but with the front diff clutch disconnected its 2wd.

427352-7e8c0e0c35fac3f4710fbfb50a5dcba1.jpg

The part bdkw1 made me eliminates this whole thing and makes the driveshaft 6 or 8 inches longer.

Last edited:
Who makes one that would work for this?
I don't know, I'd have to look at some of the stuff we use at work. It would be nice to make one that fits in the stock clutch housing. Then it would be a bolt in affair. I'm still not totally sold on them, I think driving technique can make up for not having one and there's less wieght/shit to break. It would be interesting to do some back to back testing.

I'll be honest, I never really noticed a difference in how it brakes vs something that is 2wd with built in brake bias. When I smash the brakes and it plants the nose and lightens up the rear it acts like it has bias in it anyway so I'm not sure a sprag clutch would really make a difference. I also think that if I wanted to do it bad enough I could wire the 4x4 clutch to unlock every time I brake and then use a dual master Wilwood pedal setup with a balance bar and dial in the bias with a crank adjuster. I don't think it would help enough to justify the extra weight and complexity of the dual master pedal setup, and Bebop brought up a good point about crash locking the clutch and potentially breaking it, so I'm not even going to bother testing that theory.

Who makes one that would work for this?

The Fortin unit bolted to the chassis in the path of the front drive line and comes with a two piece carbon fiber driveshaft so it all bolts in like stock.

A setup like that that can be removed if broken and swapped back to stock is the way to go in my opinion. Once it gets to custom and stock parts don't fit anymore you have to make or buy two of everything custom or you will not be able to fix it at the races. I'm too poor to play that game.

Last edited:
Top Back Refresh