What's new

What did you do for your ford today?

I rebuilt the Excursions fuel bowl. Tomorrow I’ll install new stainless lines and an HPX regulated return.

IMG_3180.jpeg
IMG_3178.jpeg

78 F150 1-ton swap:
  • made the rear brake lines and got that all hooked up
  • ordered a drive shaft from Tom Wood

Once the driveshaft is in I can turn the truck around, pull it further up the drive way and finish welding some stuff then start on the electric brake booster (iBooster) install. Need to order rear shocks and weld some mounts on the axle. Then gears and front e-locker.

67 Bronco:
Wasn't feeling too great this past weekend and started on the leak-down test. Only did three cylinders but air was leaking out of the driver's valve cover breather when I was testing cylinder #1. Same with #5, and #6 but seemingly less. Did a compression test on 5 & 6 and got 95/100 before I called it a day.

Aside from that, when I drove the truck around town to warm it up it kept wanting to die coming/going to/from a stop, kind of like it was running out of gas (which it isn't). I've noticed it just randomly shut off while warming up and it has shut off occasionally at a stop sign/etc but this last drive was much worse. I also noted that I used to be able to get the truck up to 70-ish mph before the stumble would happen, now it's at 50-60 mph and much worse. So I'm going to try is swapping out the fuel pump, blow out all of the fuel lines (which are new), and see if it makes a difference.

Top Back Refresh