What's new

What did you do to your GM today?

Actually got off my ass and did some things today.

Poked the hole for the shifter.
Threw the winch bumper back on so it was off the floor and out of the way.
Built the support cradle to hold the 4500 on the jack.

20240316_145054.jpg
20240316_155707.jpg
20240316_175219.jpg
20240316_175715.jpg

Just picked this up the earlier in the week, been fixing all the little things.

Seeing the pictures of that brings back a lot of good memories. My uncle, who past away last year had a mid 80s 3/4 ton suburban just like that one same running board and two-tone but his was light blue dark blue. He always kept it really clean, and hauled the entire extended family aunts, uncle, kid etc to all the fairs, races, local events. The adults up front and the kids mostly in the cargo area.

What are your plans for it?

What are your plans for it?

I've been daily driving it since someone tried to steal my ranger last week.

Here's a short list of things I need to do

-Find 2 hub caps so it's completed in look
-The speedo "ticks" so I'm gonna try to lube the cable
  • fuel sending unit is reading irregular 40gal tank
  • factory radio is hit n miss with working
  • rear brake lights aren't working but cruise control does, figured it just needs new bulbs
-full clay bar and detail interior

This thing is a time capsule
Both front seats are almost perfect/ including the other 3 rows of seats, headliner is legit, dash is perfect no cracks or holes, it drives amazing and not one spot of cancer found yet.

I'll most likely sell it for a profit or trade it for other cool stuff. Right now I'm just enjoying it. Had some offers already from friends but I've turned them down. I was amazed that it passed smog with really low numbers on Monday.

what year?

I added ATF for power steering. Apparently it was low. Gets an alignment tomorrow. Outer edge of the tires are wearing. Hopefully I don’t have to do ball joints on this thing.

I noticed a drip from the box so I’m guessing the seal is worn out.

what year?
Looks like 03-04 LB7 with 06 mirrors?
Are the mirrors non-stock? I know hardly anything about GMT800s but I'm having to crash course in real quick :laughing:

I took Thursday off to get a few things done around the house and fix the first major issue on the pig.
20240523_124056.jpg

Got the bed off to get at the fuel sender and holy hell
20240523_125128.jpg

The filler neck had a pair of open nipples sticking upward which kind of remind me of those inline return barbs that you see come with Airdog systems. Not sure what's up with that, but it was a ranch truck, so hookups for a transfer tank maybe? I plugged them for now because it did leak when topping off with fuel. The sending unit also clearly had a problem with fuel seepage. The pile of diesely mud on my driveway from that pressure washing adventure is crazy. Either way, got it all cleaned off with the help of the HF turbo nozzle.
20240523_130702.jpg

Pulled the sender and immediately found why the gauge didn't work. float was broken off the arm. After a few minutes of cleaning and prep to drop the new sender in, I saw the little guy floating by the tank opening, so I got to fish him out of there as well.
20240523_152135.jpg
20240523_153057.jpg

Gauge works cherry now. Did about 320 miles to the lake and back towing jet skis with it for memorial day. Was too stupid to get pics, but it did great, and having no stress about fuel level was worth the effort.

That old Kubota must be a good bit bigger than my Kioti because I fucked up my '80-'86 bed trying to lift it like that with the bucket. Nice to see you fixed an issue the POs had been ignoring for over 10 years. The sad thing is they had a lift and plenty of heavy equipment around to knock that job out, but never did :laughing:

willis_racing ypu have the LB7. Invest in injectors. My limited knowledge says ‘they’re a bad design, no one improved it and they just crap out frequently’. After this engine they change the location of them, and improved the injector.

Apparently the LB7 can make lots of power easy.

willis_racing ypu have the LB7. Invest in injectors. My limited knowledge says ‘they’re a bad design, no one improved it and they just crap out frequently’. After this engine they change the location of them, and improved the injector.
Apparently the upgraded design was called the SAC style injector, and it has a set of SAC 45% overs from LDS(?) in it with ~50k on them if I'm quoting the previous owner correctly. Not sure how long they'll actually last, but I won't need to worry about it for awhile.
Apparently the LB7 can make lots of power easy.
Any tune on the star wheel above 50hp and the trans starts acting up:homer:, so yeah I believe it :laughing:

Are the mirrors non-stock? I know hardly anything about GMT800s but I'm having to crash course in real quick :laughing:

. .
They are stock for the 06-07 trucks. They are “plug and play” on the electrical from 03 to 07, too. Plus, They are the best mirrors for that era and most popular, so finding replacements are easy.

Any tune on the star wheel above 50hp and the trans starts acting up:homer:, so yeah I believe it :laughing:
Ya. Add some power and you’ll limp the trans in 4 and 5th. :homer: Transgo kit will help all that, though. I have/had 3 LB7’s in my fleet. All bone stock. All needed injectors about every 100k miles.

Top Back Refresh