What's new

What's On Your Bench?

1000002848.jpg

Swapped the AR60 axles out for some TRX4 units and went to 1.9s. It crawled absolutely horrible before. It wasn't anywhere near drivable, I think due to the width of the axles and tire size.

I think it looks a lot better this way too. More of a scale trail truck look. It seems to work better than before just putzing around the house, but we'll see when I give it an actual run. Not looking for miracles as it's heavy, but it was atrocious before.

Posted this truck in the beginning of the thread. It has since changed a bit. It is an approx. 1/6 scale (based on dimensions) 4x4, 27.5cc 2 stroke mega truck. Tcase is an HPI Baja transmission mounted sideways that bolts into a steel subframe. Frame is welded aluminum with an integrated front clip and steel roll cage. Not sure on axles yet. Thinking custom angle grinder gear straight axles with a 1 link. Or possibly aluminum housing SCX6 axles but don't know if they will be strong enough. I have an OBR 30.5cc pro stock motor that makes 5.5hp that I may put in it as well.

20240412_072104.jpg

20240412_072139.jpg

20240412_072119.jpg

Just picked up a vanquish vrd. Stoked on this thing. Have only driven it around the yard so far.

Those seem like one of the best ways to get into comp crawling. I would be super curious to drive one to see how it does compared to my completely custom truck that I've dumped way more time and money into. With the Redcat Ascent and Fusion as well, there are some really capable RTRs these days for people to get started with.

bronze vrd.jpg
rear vrd.jpg

Finally got the paint in for the body. Of course I didn't grab pictures before tumbling it down some rock walls.

Overall extremely happy with this build. Just added some Vanquish brass portal boxes but haven't been out with those installed yet. I will probably go back to a JConcepts Willys truck body hack'd and slam'd next.

Those seem like one of the best ways to get into comp crawling. I would be super curious to drive one to see how it does compared to my completely custom truck that I've dumped way more time and money into. With the Redcat Ascent and Fusion as well, there are some really capable RTRs these days for people to get started with.
Well took it out, and this thing is awesome! My other rc is an everest 10 so I don't have much to compare it to. I shouldn't have waited so long to get/build one like this.
20240425_155303.jpg

It was super stable sidehilling and was a little challenging getting used to the response of throttle control.
20240425_155310.jpg

Finally got the paint in for the body. Of course I didn't grab pictures before tumbling it down some rock walls.

Overall extremely happy with this build. Just added some Vanquish brass portal boxes but haven't been out with those installed yet. I will probably go back to a JConcepts Willys truck body hack'd and slam'd next.

Looks sharp! It would be cool to see it at an NMRCC comp. The next one is supposed to be next weekend it sounds like.

Top Back Refresh