What's new

My KRX Chronicles

In true SxS fashion I can’t leave anything alone. I am tweaking the seating position a tad. I wanted to sit farther back so my knees quit bothering me but then that leaves my arms stretched way out. Not terrible just annoying.

I ordered the Full access adapter and a bitchin drifter NRG steering wheel off of the jungle site. 3.5”dish plus the adapter and it’s feels a lot better in the cockpit.

Attachments

• IMG_9899.jpeg
    IMG_9899.jpeg
    1.8 MB · Views: 3
  • IMG_9900.jpeg
    IMG_9900.jpeg
    2.5 MB · Views: 3
In true SxS fashion I can’t leave anything alone. I am tweaking the seating position a tad. I wanted to sit farther back so my knees quit bothering me but then that leaves my arms stretched way out. Not terrible just annoying.

I ordered the Full access adapter and a bitchin drifter NRG steering wheel off of the jungle site. 3.5”dish plus the adapter and it’s feels a lot better in the cockpit.
Thanks for this info. I’ve been very tempted to do this. Agree that the steering wheel is too far forward, and I’m not that tall. Any downsides yet? I have the Click 6 harnesses, so I’m not as far back anyway as some people. I need to do some measuring.

Thanks for this info. I’ve been very tempted to do this. Agree that the steering wheel is too far forward, and I’m not that tall. Any downsides yet? I have the Click 6 harnesses, so I’m not as far back anyway as some people. I need to do some measuring.
no downfall yet. If you need any dims let me know.

Well this escalated quickly.
I wanted to get the Ryco wiring installed and figured it would be a good time to insulate the rad piping in the tunnel. So i pulled a bunch of plastic out.
I am trying a layer of header wrap on the pipe and hose, then the fiberglass/foil velcro wrap over that. I also got some self adhesive sound deadening/insulation from Summit to put on the tunnel plastic.

Finally wiring up the little light bar on the bumper too.

While im in there I may put some of the sticky shit on the firewall behind the seats.

I did put some chinesium winch rope on as well.

Attachments

• messy.jpg
    messy.jpg
    417.6 KB · Views: 3
  • tunnel.jpg
    tunnel.jpg
    414.3 KB · Views: 3
Jungle site heat sleeve

Attachments

• IMG_9917.jpeg
    IMG_9917.jpeg
    429.8 KB · Views: 2
YJ4Rox taking it all apart! Will be curious how the heat shield stuff works out for you temp wise. Really need to add it to our 09' Teryx as the center console can be brutal.

The ryco kit is pretty nice. I just did the three led set up for front signals instead of the “fangs”.
Everything is clearly marked and color coded. Good directions and overall a simple set up. This singal/horn/hazard stalk is beefy.

Buttoned up the header wrap and sleeves on the coolant lines.

Attachments

• IMG_9925.jpeg
    IMG_9925.jpeg
    1.5 MB · Views: 2
  • IMG_9924.jpeg
    IMG_9924.jpeg
    2.3 MB · Views: 1
At one point folks were co concerned that one cylinder could run lean on the krx, is that still a thing?
Does the aftermarket rollover valve play anything into that?

I’ve wondered that a lot. It seems hit or miss. Some people blow up the KRX multiple times and there’s also guys out there with a ton of miles on stock machines. I haven’t drank the Kool aid yet on the aftermarket fuel rail yet. I’d love to eventually add a wideband to each cylinder and gather some data on it. Maybe once I start playing with tuning.

Last edited:
I have a billet fuel rail laying on the bench I just havent been motivated enough to install it. The roll over valve definitely relieved the tank pressure.
The first time I filled up the gas cap literally blew out of my hand from the tank pressure.

When I asked my dealer about the burning a cylinder they said they had only seen a couple. It really does seem random.

FWIW I helped my brother in law install the billet fuel rail and roll over valve and neither is extremely difficult. Takes longer to get the bed out of the way than it does to actually swap the rail, just make sure and grease the new rail with a little dialectric grease or something... he nipped the injector o-ring on his first attempt.

Top Back Refresh